The US military Monday (June 17) released new photos it says incriminate the Iranian regime In an attack last week on Oil tanker near the Strait of Hormuz.

“Iran is responsible for the attack based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine,” the military said in a statement accompanying the imagery.

One of the photos released Monday shows what the US military described as “the remnants of the magnetic attachment device of (an) unexploded limpet mine,” while others picture the mine’s alleged location on the ship hull.

Additional images depict damage from what the United States says was a limpet mine that did explode on the same ship, and others are said to show the Iranians removing the unexploded mine and the patrol boat they used.

The US military released a black and white video last week that it said showed the Iranians removing the mine.

The crew of the Japanese-owned M/T Kokuka Courageous reported that they saw a “flying object” before a second blast on board, the head of the shipping company said June 14.

Comments